Retirement is a phenomenon that every working person will face at one point or another. Some of us may go into it with open arms, ready to leave the eight-hour workday behind for good. Others may be more wary of this newfound free time and may struggle to decide how to generate a sense of productivity in their lives. However you are reacting to retirement, whether it is decades down the line or already in full swing, it never hurts to keep a little humor at your disposal. Check out this list of retirement one-liners that you can keep tucked away for a time when the mood strikes!
- Money isn’t everything, but it sure keeps you in touch with your children.
- The question isn’t at what age I want to retire; it’s at what income.
- Retirement is wonderful. It’s doing nothing without worrying about getting caught at it.
- Children are the leading cause of old age.
- A retired husband is often a wife’s full-time job.
- Retirement happens when you overachieve in the area of experience.
- Be nice to your kids. They’ll choose your nursing home.
- How do you know you’re old? People call at 9 p.m. and ask, “Did I wake you?”
- The older you get, the more you need to keep a fire extinguisher close to the cake.
- Why do retirees smile all the time? Because they can’t hear a word you’re saying!
- The best time to start thinking about retirement is before the boss does.
- When is a retiree’s bedtime? Three hours after he falls asleep on the couch.
- Retirement is the time in your life when time is no longer money.
- Retirement: When you stop living at work and you start working at living.
- I’m retired. Having a good time is my job.
While solidifying a smart financial strategy in retirement is critical, there’s nothing that says you can’t have a little fun along the way! Share these retirement one-liners with your friends and family for a good laugh.
Stay tuned to Ty J. Young Inc.’s Retirement You Earned blog for more insight into life in your retirement years. To learn how you can maximize the amount of income you receive in retirement, call our knowledgeable Ty J. Young Inc. advisors today at 877-912-1919.