When investing in the stock market, other people’s advice and opinions can pull you in a million different directions. With so many potential moves to make, how do you know whose advice to follow? Here’s what we think: Listen to the experts. Listen to the people who have devoted their lives to the study of stock market volatility and how to make it work well for your money. We’ve compiled a list of eight of our favorite quotes about the stock market that can help guide you in making the best decisions for the money that will grow into your nest egg for retirement.
- “Investing should be more like watching paint dry or watching grass grow. If you want excitement, take $800 and go to Las Vegas.” —Paul Samuelson
- “The four most dangerous words in investing are, ‘This time it’s different.’”—Sir John Templeton
- “Rule No.1: Never lose money. Rule No. 2: Never forget rule No.1.”—Warren Buffett
- “It’s not how much you make … it’s how much you get to keep.”—Ty Young
- “You get recessions; you have stock market declines. If you don’t understand that’s going to happen, then you’re not ready, you won’t do well in the markets.”—Peter Lynch
- “If you want to have a better performance than the crowd, you must do things differently from the crowd.”—Sir John Templeton
- “Unless you can watch your stock holding decline by 50 percent without becoming panic-stricken, you should not be in the stock market.”—Warren Buffett
- “It’s not return on my money I’m interested in, it’s return of my money.”—Mark Twain
Notice a trend among these quotes about the stock market? As these experts suggest, smart investing is about going up with your money and never down—capturing stock market gains without losing to stock market declines. If losing money in the stock market makes you nervous, then don’t put your money in a place where it is subjected to losses in the first place.
At Ty J. Young Inc., we help our clients put their money in investment vehicles that offer 100 percent guaranteed protection against stock market losses while still capturing reasonable rates of return of 6 to 8 percent annually. To learn more, give us a call today at 877-912-1919!